Question:
how do YOU say either/neither?
marr
2008-04-28 01:20:52 UTC
either with a long I
neither with a long I

or either with a short i
neither with a short i

i really wannt to know
Fourteen answers:
I should be doing something else
2008-04-29 05:28:14 UTC
Good question, never thought about this before =]

I pronounce Either both ways, and Neither pronounced with the long I.
?
2016-10-12 11:39:21 UTC
"the two" and "or" are used while there are 2 achieveable concepts for something. ex. Mary needs to ask the two Jason or Alex to the dance. "Neither" and "nor" is used while there are 2 issues which at the instant are not opportunities. it rather is the adverse variety of "the two" and "or". ex. William likes neither rooster nor pork because of the fact he's a vegetarian.
Carolyn S
2008-04-28 01:31:23 UTC
eether

neether

I asked my old high school English teacher (my best friends Mom) and that is what she said is the correct way to say them.
Yo!
2008-04-28 01:36:17 UTC
you say them like that..

either is pronounced as "eee-ther" ('th' is pronouced as if u r saying d flatly.)

similarly neither is pronounced as "neether" (again 'th' like a flat d)

hope dat helped...so dat NEETHER i nor u are anytime caught having a wrong pronounciation..!
Kate J
2008-04-28 09:42:25 UTC
I say eye-ther and n-eye-ther but it's up to you. (I am from Oxford though!)
Warren D
2008-04-28 01:28:39 UTC
Short i for both.

Eeether

Neether
converse lover xx
2008-04-28 01:24:23 UTC
i say neither like this: kneether.. and either lie this: eyether
woodtech09
2008-04-28 01:26:03 UTC
eithed is a long "e" , and neither is a long " e "
I Don't Know
2008-04-28 01:24:22 UTC
eee-ther

nee--ther
2008-04-28 01:23:48 UTC
I pronounce them eee-ther..... and neee-ther....
2008-04-28 08:30:39 UTC
eether and neether.
pink_addict026
2008-04-28 01:25:23 UTC