Question:
Boarding school in Oxford?
2007-06-18 14:02:15 UTC
Hi
I currently am a 14 year old boy living in South Africa (turned 14 in 2007) and am wanting to go to a boarding school in Oxford only, I have looked at St Edwards School as it seems decent. Though I have some questions

1) Is St Edwards a decent school?
2) Is the level of education better/worse/same in U.K. vs South Africa?
3) Is boarding life in Oxford great?
4) Is French an easier subject to take if I can speak 'Afrikaans'?
5) How would my parents benefit from me after I have finished school in the U.K. (migration)?
6) Why is schooling so expensive in the U.K.?
7) How does the age and grade work out in U.K., I turned 14 in 2007 and am in grade 8 (8th year since class 1)(First year of High school) P.S. this is the normal age in S.A. we start school at 6 turning 7?
8) Are there any other decent schools with boarding establishment in the area of Oxford, Headington those areas?
9) What is the avg. height of a 14 year old boy in U.K.

Thank you very much.How much is coke
One answer:
Just a friend.
2007-06-18 15:02:31 UTC
St Edward is a very good school.

The education is as good as the effort put in, but the chance of a better education is in the UK.

Boarding life isn't great anywhere, but if that is what you want then Oxford is as good as any other place.

French is a deal lauguage, try German or Spanish.

Don't know.

Everything is expensive in the UK

You seem to be a half year to full year behind in age, however you will find plenty of other kids in the same boat. Don't worry about it.

Sorry don't know.

The avg. height of a 14 year old boy varies greatly. That is when early bloomers grown and late ones are still two years away.

A coke is 2-3 pounds.